A recipient is a group or individual who is eligible to receive allocations from a pool. The specifics of recipient management are determined by the strategy contract, and therefore completely customizable.
For example, your recipient strategy might include:
- Application and review: recipients must apply, have their application reviewed, and be approved by a pool manager
- Token requirements: your implementation of
registerRecipient()can check for the balance of a particular token (ERC20, ERC721, soul-bound token, etc)
- Automated eligibility checks: programmatically check that a recipient holds a token, is listed in a curated registry of projects, holds a Hypercert (opens in a new tab), has a particular attestation (opens in a new tab), etc.
Allo.sol function for handling recipients is
registerRecipient(), which must be
implemented in your strategy. You may also add any helper methods your strategy needs.
It is important to carefully design how the recipient process will work. Some key things to think through when designing recipient eligibility are:
- What data is needed to determine recipient eligibility and identify the recipient?
- What are the eligibility requirements, and how will it be determined that they are being met or not?
- What does the registration process look like? Are there any statuses a recipient would go through?
The examples in the next section show a few ways the recipient eligibility process has been implemented to date, but generally the process is very flexible.
|Strategy Contract||Eligibility Requirements||Identification Method||Who Can Use ||Registration Process|
|Donation Voting (opens in a new tab)||Pool manager may require recipients to be registred on Allo||Identified by Allo ||Prospective recipients use ||Pool managers review eligible applications and manually add them to the pool|
|Direct Grants Simple (opens in a new tab)||Pool manager may required recipients to be registred on Allo, may require additional information when applying||Identified by Allo ||Recipients use ||All eligible registrations are automatically added to the pool|
|RFP Committee (opens in a new tab)||Pool manager may required recipients to be registred on Allo, may require additional information when applying||Identified by Allo ||Prospective recipients use ||All eligible registrations are automatically added to the pool|